Re: 911-Strange lsnrctl problem

From: Shane Murray <smurray_at_bah.com>
Date: 1997/03/01

Try this:

During the day after the database has been used for a while, go in to the lsnrctl terminal prompt and type 'sevices'. See how many services are listed. Also, check the 'current:' and 'max:' attributes for the services. The total of all max servers should be nowhere near the parameter in listener.log (prespawn max: see below).

PRESPAWN_ MAX
The maximum number of prespawned dedicated server processes the listener will create. This number must be at least as many as the sum of the pool size for each protocol. For greatest efficiency, Oracle Corporation recommends a large value, so that prespawned dedicated server processes are always available for new connection requests.

Hope this helps.