Re: svrmgrm --> TK2-00001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred

From: Chris Hamilton <chrish_at_cmprime.att.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

Patrick Coulier wrote...

> Platform: DEC Unix 4.0B + Oracle 7.3.2.3

> when starting svrmgrm we get the error
> TK2-00001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred

> What is going wrong here and what can I do about it ???

On Solaris, at least, I seem to recall that you need to set the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include the "lib" directory on the Oracle CD-ROM. This contains some shared libraries needed by the Motif installer.  Such as,

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ($LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/cdrom/oracle/lib)

or whatever the appropriate directory is. After you install, though, you probably don't need that again since the missing libraries then exist in $ORACLE_HOME/lib (if that is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- chrish_at_cmprime.att.com DBA, AT&T WorldNet Service - Lincroft, NJ http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Tue Feb 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST