Raw Devices

From: Sybase Admin Account <sybase_at_npg.wustl.edu>
Date: 1997/02/14

 I am trying to create database objects on a raw partition (Solaris  machines) for a new installation of Oracle. I encountered a bug  (#415982) which won't allow you to select raw partition. The work  around was to select file system and when prompted for the mount point,  to enter my actual device (ie, /dev/rdsk/c1t2.....). Well, the program  then tries to enforce the OFA standards and create directories!!! Won't  work (of course!). If you have been able to successfully create the  original database objects with the installer (or without), PLEASE email  me!! I'm getting ready to just put a file system on it and let the  installer win (but I really hate to give up!!). Thanks in advance!

 -

         Karen Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST