Re: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/osh - what is it?

From: Joseph Testa <jtesta_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/02/03

Allen Kirby (akirby_at_att.com) wrote:
: <snip>

: This does not sound like a ulimit error. ulimit is on a per-file basis
: and only applies to creating or writing files, not reading them. And
: database files don't grow - they are fixed size anyway.

I beg to differ, it u have them setup data files can grow dynamically. It is a 7.2 enhancement, i believe

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Database Administrator, Ohio EPA
  N8XCT, Emergency Coordinator (EC) & Local Govt Liaison (LGL)