Re: VLDB Backup Solutions

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/02/13

mjr_at_netcom.com (Mark Rosenbaum) wrote:
>That is way cool, but I have a few questions.
>
>What does this do to performance?

I haven't seen any performance degradation. But I haven't been doing it that long. It must be slowing things down slightly because it has to do twice as much writing. For some reason it doesn't seem to be showing it.

>Can the clone be on differet disk than the original?

It appears that the clone has to be on the same filedomain (file system). The documentation says that you must have at least 5% free disk space. Also the 'clonefset' command doesn't have any parameter for putting the clone on another disk.

>Does it work with raw files?

I don't know. That one you'll have to ask DEC about.