Calling C programs from stored procs/functions

From: DMK42 <dmk42_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/30

Is it possible to invoke a C program from PL/SQL? In particular I'd like to call a C program from a stored proc. or function (V 7.1, soon to upgrade to 7.3), If possible I'd like to pass parameters to the program and get data back from it.

If the program can't be called directly perhaps PL/SQL can invoke an OS command (AIX in my case) and run the program from the OS command line. Is this approach possible?

I haven't been able to find anything on this in the Oracle documentaion or 3rd party PL/SQL texts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don Kaskowitz
Oracle DBA
kaskow_at_vitek.com Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST