ORA-3113 - End of file on communcation channel error

From: Mark Pattrick <mpattrick_at_amcare.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/29

I am getting a random disconnection from Oracle V7.1.4.1.0 resulting in the above error message. I am using Forms V4.5 running a large application form. The PC specification is 16MB RAM, 486DX2/66 and all software is on a Netware 4.1 file server. Seems to depend on number of users logged on?

I am using OnNets PC/TCP V2.1 and WFWG 3.11 (does not seem to happen on a Windows 95 machine!)

The form that causes the problem, when loaded inot memory does not allow for any other program to be loaded apart from Windows. If I have MS Mail running then the form does not always load complete.

Any ideas?

Mark Pattrick
Amcare Limited Received on Wed Jan 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST