SQL*Net problems to do Server/server config.

From: Frank Barbarino <barbarin_at_hawking.westcon.prc.com>
Date: 1997/01/28

Hi,

   SQL*Net is running fine servicing clients from a single server. I am interested in starting some replication research and can't seem to get the listener to start with the second server listing in the tnsnames file. Is there some magic that has to happen?

possible snags I have considered:
Does the service name(port) have to be the same (my guess yes) Does the database name have to be the same on both servers( my guess - no)
Is db_domain set to the NIS domain or the community name in tnsnav.ora?
(I assume community name)

Any help with SQL*Net or replication experiences would be appreciated.

(please e-mail reply)

barbarin_at_hawking.westcon.prc.com Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST