Shadow processes hanging around

From: Michaela Panos <mlp_at_triton.smst290.att.com>
Date: 1997/01/28

Hi!

Just found out about this news group. Thought I'd see if anyone recognizes the problem we are having...

When our application and database resides on the SAME primary server and we failover the DB to the standby server, we notice the shadow processes(connections) to the DB are still there on the primary server even though the database has been successfully shutdown! We cannot deactivate certain volume groups because it looks as though they are "busy". We've checked for missing commits in code. Called Oracle and they mentioned maybe a memory issue then suggested we make sure we have all required HP patches.

We are running HPUX 10.01 with Oracle 7.1.6 and SQL*Net 2.1.6. We are also using HP's Service Guard product to handle system crashes and failovers.

Anyone out there experience connections hanging around even after the database is shutdown??

Thanks!! Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST