Re: cold backup question

From: Craig or Diana Duncan <art2mis_at_apk.net>
Date: 1997/01/26

You only __need__ a cold backup as a starting point, so after initial creation of the database, make a cold backup (by cold we usually mean shutting down the database, despite what the guy from Oracle said) and store it in a safe place. Thereafter, you can supposedly get by with hots only.

Diana Duncan
art2mis_at_apk.net

eho_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article <5c3v75$gvo$1_at_news.sas.ab.ca>...