Help: My SQL*Net listener keeps crashing!

From: Michael Carmack <mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/01/22

HELP!!! Setup: Oracle 7.1.5.2.3 on an OpenVMS Alpha box using SQL*Net 2.3.1.1

Problem: The listener starts fine, but crashes whenever a remote process

        attempts to make a connection (e.g. select statement from a remote
        node through a database link, or ping the DB from a Windows client)

History:  We just moved to an Alpha on this system;  there was no problem
        when it was on our VAX (same version of Oracle and SQL*Net).  We also
        have a test Alpha box that does not suffer this problem.

I cannot make sense of the trace files, but I can provide them to anyone who may be able to help me out.

"Villains, I say to you now:       |   Mike Carmack
 KNOCK OFF ALL THAT EVIL!"         |   Vulcan Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    S P O O N !!!!    - The Tick   |   mcarmack_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us