oracle reports 2.5: page break and carry-over

From: SOPTIM Essen GmbH <SOPTIM-Essen_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/01/22

1.) Could someone explain me how I can control page break in oracle

     reports 2.5.4.0.8 ?

I have the following problem.

My reports consists of 3 parts (realizied with 3 Selects), a head select, position select , and a footer part. Each part can consists of n rows; so I don't know the length of each part.

On every page (also the last page one) must at least be printed 1 row of the position select (like a bill with a head, position, and a footer). The tool works sometimes crazy, it breaks the page on the end of the middle select and prints the last select on the last page (like a list report).

How can I controll the page breaks in oracle , is there an option like minimum rows per page (all pages)?

 The option Page Protect has no effect.

2.) carry-over

same problem.

There must be printed a carry-over of a columm filed of the position select, on all pages but the first resetted by report and computed by page. Hmm, sounds so easy but it doesn't work.

Thanks Jens Rittscher. Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST