Re: Dropping tables with foreign constraints

From: Vladimir Atanov <v-atanov_at_nmb.ru>
Date: 1997/01/19

Richard Hansen <hansenrd_at_cadvision.com> ÚÁÐÉÓÁÎÏ × ÓÔÁÔØÀ <32e15294.28704363_at_news.cadvision.com>...
> I'm trying to drop a few highly fragmented tables which have primary
> key constraints referred to by other tables' foreign key constraints.

Drop <table> CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;

CASCADE CONSTRAINTS:
drops all referential integrity constraints that refer to primary and unique keys in the dropped table. If you omit this option, and such referential integrity constraints exist, Oracle7 returns an error message and does not drop the table. Received on Sun Jan 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST