how to avoid appending /app/oracle in OFA

From: Bob Yeh <Bob_Yeh_at_vaffx2_at_cscuuxch.dayton.csc.com>
Date: 1997/01/15

Hi,

I am installing Oracle 7.3.2 on UNIX(sun solaris 2.4). The installation guide says if I have ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME env. variable setup before starting orainst then it will not derive the ORACLE_HOME or ORACLE_BASE from the mount point. But it does not work the way it descried in the guide.

Is there is way to avoid /app/oracle in my ORACLE_BASE or ORACLE_HOME path? I try to make /opt/oralce my base and /opt/oracle/products/7.3.2 my home.

Thanks.
Bob Received on Wed Jan 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST