Re: ORA-00600 Internal Error

From: <Paul.deAnguera_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1997/01/15

> "Ian Sparkes" <isparkes_at_analysts.com> writes:
> Yes, I've seen this quite a few times and most cases it didn't have
> anything (explicitly) to do with what I (anybody else) was doing. ...

I got ORA-0600 Internal Error with Oracle 7.2.3 in cost-based optimizer, and had to fall back to rule-based.  Oracle Support said it was a known bug related to presence of OR and ORDER BY in the same SQL statement. They required proof that I was really getting the error, then ported a patch for me from some other OS since ours was the first AIX site to get this error. The patch worked.