ORA-00600 Internal Error

From: Wes Riding <wriding_at_shl.com>
Date: 1997/01/08

Hi,

I have a PowerBuilder app that runs on 7.0.16 on a Data General unix box (DG/UX 5.4 Rel 3.10). The app calls a Packaged Procedure that inserts into table "A". A trigger on "A" inserts into table "B". There are several triggers on "B". At apparently random times during the execution of the "B" triggers, the following message is generated:

ORA-20998: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15203], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

The error is not generated all the time (perhaps one time in 10). The triggers can execute the same code over and over, and then, all of a sudden - BOOM!

Has anyone seen this message before? I have sent the Alert Log and Trace files created by the message to Oracle Tech support, but if anyone has seen this message before, please let me know!

Thanks.
Wes Riding
mailto:wriding_at_shl.com Received on Wed Jan 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST