Re: loss of storage parameters for primary key indexes

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/08

Stefan Richter wrote:

> Sometimes I have to enable some primary key constraints, to load data and
> to re-enable these constraints.
> Unfortunately, after re-enabling the storage values for initial extent
> and next extents were overwritten by some default values.

  When you create a primary key, an index will create automatically on it. It is called constraint index in Oracle term. You cannot drop this index manually. You can only drop it by either disable or drop the constraint. So, when you disable your constraint. It means that you had already dropped it ! Same situation applies on unique constraint.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841