File protection on SQL trace files

From: Kelly Young <young_at_maricopa.edu>
Date: 1996/12/17

When a general user performs an sql trace, the trace files are created   with the ownership of the oracle account. For example:

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 2197 Dec 12 16:07 ora_13342.trc

  With the above ownership and protection, it is not possible for the   person who created the trace file to access it. Is there a way to   specify a default file protection for trace files so that "others"   can read it?
  For example:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle dba 2197 Dec 12 16:07 ora_13342.trc

  Oracle support suggested using the initialization parameter:   TRACE_FILE_PUBLIC = TRUE. However, our release of Oracle (7.1.3) does   not recognize that parameter. Also, umask has no effect. Any other ideas? We are running on DEC Alpha Unix. Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CST