Re: Oracle 7.3 Problem - Segmentation fault

From: Alysa Leve <aleve_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

Warren Snider wrote:

> I had thought I successfully installed Oracle 7.3 on one of our test
> servers, an IBM Model 340 RS/6000 running AIX 4.1.4, until I tried to
> create the default instance or run SVRMGRL. Any time I try to create the
> default database or run SVRMGRL I get an error message that states
> "segmentation fault (coredump)".
>
> The server had an Oracle 7.2 instance running on it until I took it down
> so I could install Oracle 7.3. I am very perplexed since I have not had
> this kind of problem before with 7.1 or 7.2 installations. Any ideas.
> Thanks inadvance.

I would do two things:

  1. Make sure you do not have TWO_TASK set to a "" value. That is you should unset the variable all together. If it is still core dumping you should relink it.
  2. Relink svrmgrl

   % cd $ORACLE_HOME/svrmgr/lib
   % make -f ins_svrmgr.mk linstall

        I can not remember if it is "linstall" or "cinstall". Try them both.

Hope this resolves the core dumps. If not you may have to provide support a copy of debugger output from the executable and the core so they can help you troubleshoot it. Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CST