Re: Installation of ORACLE on UNIX Systems

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/10

The reason why root.sh was created in the first place was to eliminate the DBA from having the root password. It should be possible for the DBA to do the installation and then ask the Sys Admin to run the script (it usually is very short).

In my opinion (I don't speak for Oracle), it is better to split the responsibilities.

                                Rick
                                Rick Wessman
				Security Products
                                Network and Management Products