Re: Installation of ORACLE on UNIX Systems

From: David Kaiser <davidk_at_sfmic.com>
Date: 1996/12/10

Our DBAs have the root password. We trust them with our databases and they need root permissions for a number of things. There's nothing worse than waiting for someone else to change permissions on something.

Creation of raw devices requires root permissions on our system (DG/UX). Yet another reason we allow the DBAs access to root.

--

| David Kaiser | e-mail: davidk_at_sfmic.com
|
| Project Manager | WWW: http://www.sfmic.com

| State Fund Mutual Insurance Company |