Re: Starting Oracle automattically on UNIX

From: Bob Krause <rjkrause_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/06

"Herman Scheepers" <hermans_at_mail.global.co.za> wrote:

>Hi all

>I am running Oracle 732 on Solaris. I created a database from scratch (i.e.
>I did not use the installer to create a default database. What do I need to
>do in order to make the sure it starts up when the machine is rebooted.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated

>Regards
>Herman

In the /etc/oratab file set the third column to Y, when a database is created it is added out there as N.
Then in your boot rc type file you can add the command dbstart with the name of the SID and it will start up your database up for you. But don't forget to start the listener also. You would add the command lsnrctl start to the file. Of course you should provide the correct paths to the above named commands and the piping of the commands ouput to the correct place.

Bob Krause
Software Engineer
Select Technologies Corp.
email: BobK_at_selectcorp.com