access to v$ views, DBA_ tables etc

From: David J DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu>
Date: 1996/10/29

Hello all;

I was curious how other DBA's handle access requests to the v$ views, DBA_ tables etc in regards to non-DBA's. This hasn't really been an issue here in the past, but now were are being asked to grant select access to all of these tables to our development staff. The request includes all our databases, not just the development one. I don't know that I have a problem granting this access, but then again I don't know that I don't. Are there reasons for concern, or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks very much in advance.

--

David J. DeWolfe
Systems Programmer III

In a vicious struggle for survival intelligence emerges as the weapon of
 choice. - Nova, In Search of Human Origins