Re: Query optimization

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:46:38 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] On Friday, January 10, 2014 9:03:50 AM UTC-8, Mark wrote:

> Version is 11.1.0.7.0.
>
> >Also, please report how you determined that the indexes are not being used; you posted no execution plans to prove your assertion.
>
> I was told this by the DBA. I don't know how to do this with Oracle. I
> usually work with Ingres.

There are several ways. The simplest is if you have dbconsole, you can just drill into it and see the plan. Randolf came up with a procedure for asking about performance problems on OTN: http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/2009/02/basic-sql-statement-performance.html

Jonathan Lewis has written books on the optimizer and core internals if you really want to be pro about it.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing/verizon-teams-oracle-tackle-amazon-in-the-cloud-233986