Query optimization

From: Mark <i_at_dontgetlotsofspamanymore.invalid>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:14:23 +0000

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a question about index usage in table queries. We need to do fast queries on new tables. Therefore the standard method of generating table statistics does not work. We have verified that Oracle is not using the indexes.

Assuming that the tables are less than 1 day old and have 1-2Mio records/hour written to them what is the best way to achieve this?

An added complication is that the tables are referred to by synonyms as the user has no way to predict the actual table name.

--
(")_(") is he still wrong?