Re: Fyracle

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <>

On Aug 2, 2:07 pm, Robert Klemme <> wrote:
> On 08/01/2012 08:18 PM, S R wrote:
> > Anyone had experience with porting a Oracle RDBMS code stack (PLSQL,
> > Views, as well as tables) to something called Fyracle?
> > Details here:
> >
> Unfortunately not.  But that website does not even present properly on
> my Firefox.  Also, on the documentation page the "Quick Start Guide"
> does not exist / is not linked.  The "Syntax Guide" has this in the
> introduction:
> "Fyracle is a development product, which is currently at release 0.8.3.
> Although it is functional enough to allow the well-known ERP+CRM package
> Compiere to start and and to perform basic tasks with it, you should not
> expect production-quality operation at this time."
> My wild guess: porting 90% will be a no brainer, but the remaining 10%
> will make you pull your hair out.
> Kind regards
>         robert

Compiere doesn't even list fyracle as an option on it's databases:

Various associated websites seem to have been ignored since 2010. I didn't want to say anything bad, since I don't know anything, but it's not looking good. It's seems everything negative I've ever said about continuing support in FOSS is sadly true. In a nutshell: if masses jump on the bandwagon, good times for all, otherwise, fuhgedaboudit. Then in a few years, all you have is an empty broken down old wagon.


-- is bogus.
I know, let's get high and pretend to be the DA and the president of
the local NRA.
Received on Thu Aug 02 2012 - 18:05:11 CDT

Original text of this message