Re: SHow a cursor

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 07:47:03 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 10:20 am, Tim Slattery <Slatter..._at_bls.gov> wrote:
> Tim Slattery <Slatter..._at_bls.gov> wrote:
> >The "select" statement works when I run it from the SQL developer
> >console. But when I call the function I'm told "table or view does not
> >exist". But it *does* exist.
>
> I saw a web post that may have the answer. He says that a common cause
> of this is that select permission on the table has been granted to a
> role, and that role has then been assigned (granted? not sure of the
> proper terminology) to me. But that role does not propagate to
> functions that I write. The result is just what I'm seeing: I can
> select from the table directly, but the function can't find it.
>
> Seems an irrational way for things to work, but then I'm only a
> developer...
>
> --
> Tim Slattery
> Slatter..._at_bls.gov

Sounds like a post of mine from a while back. You will need a direct grant on the object to create a function or procedure against it, but you can also compile it authid current_user and those who do not have direct grants on that table can still use the function as that construct will traverse roles for object permissions (again, it won't work for the author of the code). A simple 'grant select on ihelp to ....' from the table owner will get you working.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Feb 08 2012 - 09:47:03 CST

Original text of this message