Re: SHow a cursor

From: Tim Slattery <Slattery_T_at_bls.gov>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:20:13 -0500

Tim Slattery <Slattery_T_at_bls.gov> wrote:

>The "select" statement works when I run it from the SQL developer
>console. But when I call the function I'm told "table or view does not
>exist". But it *does* exist.

I saw a web post that may have the answer. He says that a common cause of this is that select permission on the table has been granted to a role, and that role has then been assigned (granted? not sure of the proper terminology) to me. But that role does not propagate to functions that I write. The result is just what I'm seeing: I can select from the table directly, but the function can't find it.

Seems an irrational way for things to work, but then I'm only a developer...

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T_at_bls.gov