Is there a way to add a new column to a table while the table is being used for queries???

From: <jack_gold2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:01:22 -0800 (PST)

I require the ability to add a new clob field to a database table object on Oracle 10g SQL server.
Can I just do an
alter table MyTable add column mynewfield clob;

How do I insure that users can continue to make queries on the table???

I would be greatful if someone could point me to some documentation on this subject of high availability in a huge partitioned data warehouse type environment.

Thank you in advance! Received on Thu Jan 12 2012 - 14:01:22 CST

Original text of this message