Re: privileg problem

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

Carlos did not explain because it was NOT an explanation but a hint that the op should investigate further. (The op could find an explanation here: http://carlosal.wordpress.com/2007/02/12/grants-ora-01720-y-views/ -in spanish though- ).

>"As a general rule you should try to avoid granting ANY privileges."

I couldn't agree more.

>"what is the oracle terminology in this case?"

I would use 'schema' in Oracle, and 'database' in Teradata ;-)

Cheers.

Carlos. Received on Fri Aug 19 2011 - 12:15:50 CDT

Original text of this message