Re: privileg problem

From: Andreas Mosmann <mosmann_at_expires-31-08-2011.news-group.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:45:06 +0200

Mark D Powell schrieb am 19.08.2011 in
<97e143a4-5c07-4046-bd11-9f630cdec483_at_l8g2000prd.googlegroups.com>:
> On Aug 19, 4:21 am, Andreas Mosmann <mosm..._at_expires-31-08-2011.news-
> group.org> wrote:

>> Carlos schrieb am 19.08.2011 in
>> <71848b9e-ef97-4b22-bf03-8dc917764..._at_fv14g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>:

>>> GRANT SELECT ON *** TO *** WITH GRANT OPTION;

>> this was the right hint. Without Grant Option I can not create a view,
>> even if I can execute the select- statement itself.
>> I granted "select any table with grant option" and it works fine.
>>
>>> HTH.

>> yes, it did :)
>>
>>> btw:
>>> This does not sound like Oracle terminology... ;-)

>> what is the oracle terminology in this case?
>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> Carlos.

>> Thank you
>> Andreas
>>
>> --
>> wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de- Hide quoted text -

> What Carlos did not explain is that if the owner of a view references
> any other username's object then he or she needs to be granted access
> on the object with the grant option much like a package owner needs a
> direct grant on third-party objects.  This is a security feature.

> You took care of the problem by granting the onwer select privilege on
> ANY table with the grant option.  As a general rule you should try to
> avoid granting ANY privileges.  The most basic rule of security is
> that a user should not have any access that the user does not need to
> perform their job function.  Many of the rdbms security issues have
> revolved around the ANY privileges. Some auditors will look for and > question ANY privileges.

> Just something to think about.

> HTH -- Mark D Powell --
Thank you very much. But security is not my problem in this case. There are about 10 Datasources (some Excel- Sheets, some Oracle- DB, DBF- Files, Access- DBs ...) that I have to combine. In all that databases I have the right to collect the data. I decided to use a local Oracle- DB to work with the data and collect by DB- links or copied DBF-, Excel- and other data as tables into the local DB. Inside this are more users/schemas only for that purpose. And for not having too much work I granted "select any with grant option". This is only my very private db. (that means, if I am ready the result is given to the customer of course)
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de