Problem connecting to 10 database using SQL Developer

From: Ninja Li <>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 22:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

  I have installed Oracle 10.2 on my Windows XP laptop. The host for the default ORCL database in my tnsnames.ora is (HOST = as I am using a LinkSys router. I have no problem connecting to the database using SQL*Plus or Oracle SQL Developer where I am connected to internet, with "hostname" setting to in Database Connections in Oracle SQL Developer. However, when I am not connecting to my router, I couldn't connect to Oracle 10g database using SQL Developer but I can connect through SQL*Plus.

  Could anyone tell me how I should set the host information in Oracle SQL Developer and why it works in SQL*Plus?

  Thanks in advance.

  Ning Received on Tue Nov 02 2010 - 00:13:47 CDT

Original text of this message