Determine max concurrent calls

From: Sashi <smalladi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:58:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all, I have a table with details of phone calls. The call date is given as DD-MMM-YYYY HH:MI:SS. I have a couple of other fields that give the duration as DUR_MM and DUR_SS. So an example record would be
SRC_NUM, DEST_NUM, CALL_DATE, DUR_MM, DUR_SS 444-1212, 555-2323, 04-APR-2010, 05, 38. So this would be a call placed from 444-1212 to 555-2323 on Apr 04th, that lasted 5 min and 38 sec. (Other fields not mentioned for brevity and clarity).

On a given day, I want to be able to find out the minute at which there are a maximum number of concurrent calls.

I've quickly come to the conclusion that I can't do this via simple SQL. I'm new to writing procedures (though I have good experience with programming languages in general).

Any tips/pseudo-code that give me an idea of how to proceed are appreciated.

Thanks,
Sashi Received on Wed Apr 07 2010 - 13:58:23 CDT

Original text of this message