Is modifying content in 'Data mart' possible for the applications quering it?

From: guser78 <qazmlp1209_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 05:34:54 -0800 (PST)

I would like to know whether the content of the 'Data mart' tables be modified by the Marketing applications.
I understand that the 'Data mart' is filled by the ETL layer by extracting and transforming the data from the Data warehouse(for 'Dependent datamart' case).
After it is filled, does the Marketing application have the option of only 'read'/'query'ing the data from the 'Data mart'? In our usecase, there is a specific case where the applications need to write some minor data occasionally into the Data mart (into the existing tables, not in any new tables). Is that Technically feasible with the 'Oracle Data mart'? Received on Fri Mar 12 2010 - 07:34:54 CST

Original text of this message