copying tables from one database to another

From: Andrew <marlow.andrew_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 03:35:08 -0800 (PST)

How do people copy tables from one database to another? The docs say that imp/exp are deprecated. I tried the copy command in sqlplus but it destroys the indexes and default attributes! Arrgghh.

I have a feeling sql loader can be used to do the import but how do I do the export first? Obviously any export will have to produce a file that is suitable for use to sql loader.

Excuse my ignorance: I am more used to sybase where you can use bcp to bcp-out followed by bcp-in.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow Received on Wed Jan 20 2010 - 05:35:08 CST

Original text of this message