Re: Pivot table Query - Need help in building correct logic

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:04:38 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 3, 4:28 pm, Pankaj <harpreet.n..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 7:08 pm, Peter Nilsson <ai..._at_acay.com.au> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 4, 10:36 am, Pankaj <harpreet.n..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Greetings,
>
> > > I have a table format as below
>
> > > sec       value        type
> > > X          100           T
> > > X          200           S
> > > Y         300            T
> > > Y         400            S
> > > Z          500           T
> > > Z          600           S
>
> > > I want to pivot the above to somethin as below
>
> > > sec     T           S
> > > X        100        200
> > > Y        300       400
> > > Z        500        600
>
> > > Can anyone please advise. I have been looking for pivot
> > > logic for some time but could not figure this out.
>
> >   <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oracle+pivot+query&l=1>
>
> > --
> > Peter- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Peter. As I said earlier, I did tried google but could not
> found the correct way of implementing the logic. Also, the domain for
> sec is not fixed. I have just shown X, Y and Z but there could be
> more.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Oddly enough, clicking on that link led me directly to this one: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::NO::P11_QUESTION_ID:766825833740

You must be so cool, getting people to google for you!

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Contrary to what I said at the time, we must go after the idiots who