Re: Pivot table Query - Need help in building correct logic

From: Pankaj <harpreet.noni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:28:26 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 3, 7:08 pm, Peter Nilsson <ai..._at_acay.com.au> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 10:36 am, Pankaj <harpreet.n..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Greetings,
>
> > I have a table format as below
>
> > sec       value        type
> > X          100           T
> > X          200           S
> > Y         300            T
> > Y         400            S
> > Z          500           T
> > Z          600           S
>
> > I want to pivot the above to somethin as below
>
> > sec     T           S
> > X        100        200
> > Y        300       400
> > Z        500        600
>
> > Can anyone please advise. I have been looking for pivot
> > logic for some time but could not figure this out.
>
>   <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oracle+pivot+query&l=1>
>
> --
> Peter- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Peter. As I said earlier, I did tried google but could not found the correct way of implementing the logic. Also, the domain for sec is not fixed. I have just shown X, Y and Z but there could be more.

Thanks for your time. Received on Thu Dec 03 2009 - 18:28:26 CST

Original text of this message