Re: problem with remote desktop

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:47:32 +0100

N.M. schreef:
> Uzytkownik "Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> napisal w wiadomosci
>> N.M. schreef:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> My client told me that one Oracle form behaves strangly.
>>> We (as programmers) use Oracle Forms ver 6 with all patches released and
>>> installed.
>>> Our client has Oracle 9 version.
>>>
>>> The problems looks like this:
>>> While clicking on "Confirm button" located on the form, it runs database
>>> packages functions which update and insert data into database tables.
>>> After it, there is forms_ddl('commit') run and now it gives strange
>>> errors.
>>> While running this form localy and clicking "Confirm button" (it means
>>> the oracle forms` files ale located on the net disk and Oracle
>>> application runs by local user/computer) everything works perfectly and
>>> there is no strange errors/messages on the screen.
>>> While running this Oracle application form using remote desktop window
>>> and clicking "Confirm button" there is a error message "FRM-40401: No
>>> changes to save". This errors generates many times because  strored
>>> procedures` functions run inside the loop.
>>>
>>> My client told me that this error (such error message) is generated only
>>> when he runs the application form via remote desktop.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea what can be wrong?
>>> Thank you in advance
>>> netman
>> I guess you are using client server forms, right?
>> I vaguely remember that with forms (Client Server) you need access to the
>> root directory of c:\. You may not have access on your remote desktop
>> session.
>>
>> Shakespeare

> I think that I have the answer on my problem.
>
> There are 3 buttons on the form. There is "commit;" command use inside one
> of the form buttons
> (only one). The other buttons have "forms_ddl('commit');" use. The problem
> with this error
> message display occurs only while using the button which have "commit;"
> command
> only if the form is running via remote desktop. When the user runs the
> Oracle application
> localy or via net drive, this error message doesn`t occur.
> Inside the "commit;" command use button, there are no form changes made,
> there is only
> one INSERT INTO table statement query before "commit;" command use.
> I am not sure that this INSERT INTO table statement is committed/saved into
> the databes
> when the "commit;" command is used, instead of forms_ddl('commit'); use
> which will save
> (into the database) the INSERT INTO statement for 100% sure.
>
> netman

This still does not explain the different behaviour between remote desktop and the local PC. There must be some local settings that are different. But since you don't seem willing to answer any questions, I'll put this to rest.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Nov 25 2009 - 03:47:32 CST

Original text of this message