Quicker process of creating tables over dblinks

From: novice82 <novice82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Experts,

I'm using the following query to create a table,which has over 7 million records. I'm writing these query's on oracle 10g using Pl/sql developer IDE. It has been running over 12 hours and is still in execution. Can anyone suggest me some accelration techniques, as this query is fetching data over dblinks

create table temp1 as (
select
table_1.cust_id, table_1.invoice_amt, table_2.payment_date from
table_1_at_dblink, table_2_at_dblink
where
table_1.cust_id = table_2.cust_id
)

I came across some posts that use the COPY command in SQL*PLUS. Is there an equivalent command I can use for plain Oracle SQL ?

Many thanks !

novice Received on Wed Jul 22 2009 - 22:39:17 CDT

Original text of this message