Re: Computing percentage change between tables

From: Ed Prochak <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:40:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 20, 4:35 am, novice82 <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a novice to sql scripting. Am trying to figure out a design
> problem, involving some arithmatic computation.
> I have two tables temp1 and temp2 with two feilds
> account no., ( Common in both tables )
> balance ( float data type ).
> 1. I want to compare the balance feilds in temp1 and temp2.
> print out the no. of accounts and percentage of match and mismatch.
> 2. output the a/c nos. whose balances dont match into a seperate
> table..
> another question, that I have is, how does sql handle the computation,
> if a value in a particular field is divided by 0 ?
> any help, will get me started.
> thanks

the first thing you need to type is:

SELECT Now really, the question is what have you tried?  Exactly what knowledge of SQL do you have?  (I have seen a SQL for Dummies book,
 I've actually opened a SQL for Dummies book,  I have read a SQL for Dummies book,
 I have seen the Oracle web page,
 I have seen the Oracle SQL web pages,
 I have read some of the Oracle SQL web pages, ...)

We do not have the time or space to give a course in SQL in the newsgroup. Help us help you.

Ed Received on Mon Jul 20 2009 - 11:40:12 CDT

Original text of this message