Computing percentage change between tables

From: novice82 <novice82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 01:35:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm a novice to sql scripting. Am trying to figure out a design problem, involving some arithmatic computation.

I have two tables temp1 and temp2 with two feilds account no., ( Common in both tables )
balance ( float data type ).

  1. I want to compare the balance feilds in temp1 and temp2. print out the no. of accounts and percentage of match and mismatch.
  2. output the a/c nos. whose balances dont match into a seperate table..

another question, that I have is, how does sql handle the computation, if a value in a particular field is divided by 0 ?

any help, will get me started.

thanks Received on Mon Jul 20 2009 - 03:35:21 CDT

Original text of this message