Re: package for manipulating cvs data?

From: Paulie <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 6:21 am, wrote:

> Specifically, I would like to take some columns or other data and
> create a well-formed cvs string, including proper handling of
> embedded quotes, commas, etc.

I think you should look at Tom Kyte's asktom site - there's a PL/SQL procedure there for saving arbitrary queries as .csv.

You could get a couple of ideas here

It's always amazed me that nobody has written a proper .csv manipulation package for Oracle, given all the questions that people ask about it - ho... hum... maybe next year.

> Is there a standard package that has this kind of functionality?

There are lot's of snippets out there - Mr. SearchEngine is your friend...