Re: oracle sql plus - modified table column - but modification not showing in odbc connection

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:45:29 +0100

On 24.03.2009 19:20, BookerT wrote:
> Inside of Oracle Sql *plus
> i use the commands alter table tablename
> modify columname varchar2(10)
> ;
>
> to change the field size to 10
>
> When I open up Access to view the linked table via an odbc connection,
> in the design view, it still shows the field as having a field size
> of 5.
>
> What did I miss.

Probably the refresh button in Access.

> This is all tied to a web app, where, I changed all of the web forms
> to accept 10 characters.....

You have tied MS Access into a web app which also uses Oracle? That sounds spooky.

Your question sounds more suitable for a MS Access specific forum. Even there you should probably include the version of Access.

Good luck!

        robert Received on Tue Mar 24 2009 - 13:45:29 CDT

Original text of this message