Re: Net Configuration Assistant hangs

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:10:07 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 8:25 am, "" <> wrote:
> On several onsite computers all running Windows XP Pro, the 10g Net
> Config Assistant hangs for at least an hour when I select local net
> service name configuration.
> Any ideas on why it is hanging?
> Thanks,
> Greg

Check the Windows Event Log for any errors. Use Task Manager and take a look at your overall CPU and memory.

Net Config is a java application and eats memory. Make sure you have adequate Virtual Memory/Swap configured and try shutting down any other applications you are running before invoking it.

Next up would probably be a Oracle Support site search to see if you can find any problem reports hopefully with a solution.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Feb 06 2009 - 09:10:07 CST

Original text of this message