Re: Can MEMBER OF condition use pl/sql tables

From: William Robertson <williamr2019_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:33:12 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 11:37 am, Kevin S <Sear..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> What I want to be able to do is use a record created at run time
> rather than create something in the schema.
>
> It doesn't seem to big a thing to expect to be able to do but
> apparently it is not possible.
>
> Anyone know if there is a technical reason why opr if it was simply
> something that was overlooed whern the functionality was introduced?
>
> Anyone have a work around?

MEMBER OF works fine with nested table collections declared within PL/ SQL. However the part about records could be complicating things, as PL/SQL record variables don't have a lot of the functionality of object types. What have you tried that isn't working? Received on Thu Jan 29 2009 - 02:33:12 CST

Original text of this message