Oracle 10gR2 Installation on RedHat Linux 5

From: Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhikari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:21:48 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to install Oracle database 10g R2 on RedHat Linux 5.

The installation goes fine till the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant but the DBCA hangs. I have selected to create a starter database with sample schemas. I waited for about 4 hours to let DBCA finish its work. The "top" command shows that the oracle user process is taking about 1% of the CPU. It just gets stuck.

I checked all the Hardware/Software requirements, Kernel parameter configuration etc. All the requirements specified in the Installation guide have been met.

If anyone on this forum has encountered the same problem, could you please let me know how you resolved it ?

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jan 27 2009 - 13:21:48 CST

Original text of this message