Re: Oracle SE licensing question

From: Jim Smith <usenet01_at_ponder-stibbons.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:29:25 +0000

In message <gla657$7lp$1_at_nntp.motzarella.org>, Michelle Ryan <michelle.ryan.2006_at_gmail.com> writes
>In my company, I am a part of a team of 15 developers and we need to
>work on a project to develop applications on Oracle 11i db.
>
>Each one of us needs to host an instance of database on our PC/laptop.
>Each developer also needs to connect database instance hosted on other
>developers' laptop from time to time (that is, quite often).
>
>I'd like to emphasize that we are *not* hosting an application (in
>other words a production system) for our company's customers.
>
>Up until now, life was simple, since we were using SQL Server 2005 and
>each one of us had the Developer Edition of SQL Server 2005 which cost
>less than $50.

If I were you, I would re-examine this assumption. Why not multiple instances on a central server? You may not even need multiple instances, just multiple schemas on a single instance?
--
Jim Smith