Oracle SE licensing question

From: Michelle Ryan <michelle.ryan.2006_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:16:38 +0000

In my company, I am a part of a team of 15 developers and we need to work on a project to develop applications on Oracle 11i db.

Each one of us needs to host an instance of database on our PC/laptop. Each developer also needs to connect database instance hosted on other developers' laptop from time to time (that is, quite often).

I'd like to emphasize that we are *not* hosting an application (in other words a production system) for our company's customers.

Up until now, life was simple, since we were using SQL Server 2005 and each one of us had the Developer Edition of SQL Server 2005 which cost less than $50.

Most of us have dual core laptops. Three chaps, however, have quad processor boxes.

Is there free/cheap Oracle licensing scheme that we can take advantage of? If not, would we be compliant if we bought 15 Named User Plus licenses for Oracle Standard Edition (bearing in mind that Express and StandardOne won't be acceptable to us).

Please can anyone help? Received on Thu Jan 22 2009 - 10:16:38 CST

Original text of this message