Re: A join query

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:29:59 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 18, 3:24 pm, Totti <saliba.toufic.geo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I need i query that i will run behind VB, this query will take a value
> from a text box, and look it in the ACCESS DB provided, This is am
> easy part, the difficult part for me is when i need to join 2 or mor
> tables, e.g.
> Take from the textbox some characters say "JACK", take from a Combo
> the value "FULLTIME" (found among other values like HOME, PART
> TIME.....), and go to the tables FACULTY(for the part of the name
> given) and to the table ASSIGNMENTS(for the assignment chosen) and
> find me everyone who has "JACK" anywhere in his name from FACULTY and
> who happens to be in the ASSIGNMENTS table a "FULLTIME";
>
> This query should bring me everythinge Like : JACK XX, JACKOB,
> JACKOBS, JACKSON,... and who have the value Initiated in the Combo,
> this can be done because of the _PK and _FK of the DB. These 2 tables
> communicate through the relations between their keys.
> Can anyone help me with that please?

Shouldn't you be in http://groups.google.com/group/MS-ACCESS? Certainly you do not belong here, as this is an Oracle DBMS newsgroup. And what have you written to solve this problem? Where is your code? Do you really expect someone ELSE to write your queries for you?

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Dec 18 2008 - 15:29:59 CST

Original text of this message