Re: What's a quick simple way to test Oracle connectivity between client and database server?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 06:54:16 +0100

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:56:42 -0500, "Spin" <Spin_at_invalid.com> wrote:

>I am flooded with 20 projects. I do not have time to read the documents.
>Besides, every person who answers my question I give acknowledgement too,
>and it becomes one more notch on the belt of someone looking for industry
>recognition. And then there is the intrinsic value of helping someone.
>Unless, of course, you're someone who determines another's worth by some
>measure of "laziness". You placed that label on me. You do not know me. I
>could be lazy. Or I could be swamped with 20 projects at one time and do
>not have time to RTM. Or I could be someone who volunteers at animal
>shelters full-time, or working on community projects, or helping the elderly
>or troubled juveniles. All of these are activities, which may in fact,
>indirectly benefit you, if not the common good. And as to top-posting, some
>people prefer it. You don't have to scroll down to see the answer. And if
>it was so bad, why did Microsoft make the Outlook Express newsreader default
>to top-posting?

If you don't have time to read documentation you shouldn't work with Oracle. PERIOD. Oracle wasn't invented for people brainwashed by the Evil Empire aka Microsoft.
Top posting is just another sign you are enslaved by Billl Gates aka Darth Vader, aka Sauron.

Vade retro, Satanas!

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA